Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Mason Flower Jars Thank You Gift

Recently I needed to make a large number of inexpensive Thank You Favors and decided on repurposing mason jars into small flower vases. I hosted a Thank You Party for all the ladies who have volunteered for a school event and used the jars as a table center piece, but near the door so they could take one when they left. It was the day before Mother's Day, so it made for a really nice gesture. 

How To:
I used purchased mason jars at Smart & Final and ran them all through the dishwasher wash off any dirt or oil. I then used painters tape to create a striped effect on half the jars, the rest I painted completely. The party had a candy theme, so I used two different pink spray paints. I quickly created printable tags and saved the document for you use HERE. Printing them on Cardstock makes a nice little tags. (Cardstock is basically very thick paper and handy to always have on-hand). I cut out the tags, punched a hole and wrapped twine around each jar. My co-host brought two bunches of beautiful flowers that we trimmed up and added to each jar. 

Supplies Needed:
* Painters Tape - thin
* Twine - I used a combo of jute and pretty craft twine
* Google Doc Thank You tags (use mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment