Friday, May 15, 2015

Three Toned Dresser Redo

This project Mom and I got to do together, which is very rare! We painted it with love for my niece who was spending the summer with my family in California. My guest room doesn't have a dresser, which a long term guest needs. So after scouring a local Free Cycle site with no luck, I put a WANTED notice on Free Cycle and immediately someone offered up this simple dresser. 

Mom and I picked up these beautiful glass knobs at Cost Plus World Market and used paints I already had on-hand. 


My niece picked the colors and wanted to do three different colors. We removed the original wood knobs, cleaned and sanded down the entire dresser. We left the top natural (no stain!), just sealed it with Wipe On Poly. With the drawers removed, we painted the body a light grey. The drawer fronts got Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Aubusson Blue and the drawer trim is a bright white. I started adding Floetrol to all my paints a awhile, and found it leaves a smooth, more consistent finish.

The whole dresser was finished with Wipe On Poly after it had dried.


Total cost was just the knobs (since I had everything else in my crafting stash), which wasn't too bad and it turned out so perfect!


2 comments:

  1. I'm amazed ever time I see this chest. Rule of thumb, don't throw it out. Make a silk purse out of a sows ear, my Mom's training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed ever time I see this chest. Rule of thumb, don't throw it out. Make a silk purse out of a sows ear, my Mom's training!

    ReplyDelete