Sunday, March 15, 2015

Faux Sequined Bag


I love the idea of adding a little sparkle to my wardrobe! But not too much, you know? Recently I've seen really nice sequined straw bags on the arms of elegant looking women and thought I'd like to give that a try.

I picked up a straw bag at Target for $3 and knew this would be the perfect piece to try out my idea on. Instead of sequins, which take a lot of work, I opted for glitter.

Supplies: * Straw or Canvas bag or tote
* Painters Blue Tape
* Old newspapers
* Fabric Glue
* Fine Glitter
How To:
1. Use painters blue tape to make a line around the area you want glittered.

2. Use a small brush to generously coat the area with glue. You may want to work in sections to keep glue wet.

3. While holding over the old newspaper, and while the glue is still wet, cover glue with glitter.

4. Once dry, shake the bag (while over the newspaper) to removed any unglued glitter. Fold the news paper in half, catching the glitter and return it to the glitter jar.

5. Spread a generous layer of glue on top of the glitter area and edges, using the brush. This will seal in the glitter, so you don't leave a glitter trail behind you!

No comments:

Post a Comment