Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Door Decor - The Old Oaken Bucket


Making use of Primitive 
Garden Artifacts for Christmas Decorations

One of my finds this summer on the west end of Eureka Springs, Arkansas was a great old wooden bucket.  It was painted a lime green and I knew I must invest in it as they are hard to find.  I wasn't sure just how I would use it but knew something would trip my fancy.

Sure enough this Christmas season presented just the right opportunity.  My sister in law in Wilmington North Carolina shipped me a big box of large pine cones that fall to the ground from massive pine trees near her home. I've kept them by the front door in a planter all year long but wasn't happy with their destination.  


The Old Oaken Bucket

I used a leftover bow from last year's decorations, the pine cones and an outdoor all weather battery candle to the old bucket. Below the pine cones I stuffed left over fake greenery as a filler.  I have placed the bucket by our front door decorations.  You will also find those outdoor decorations in another blog here.  

I've also collected many old watering cans over the past two years as garden decorations.  Placing artificial poinsettias in one that has a wash of red paint was a great touch for the back patio.  Its easy to view out the back hearth room glass door.   


Old Watering Can Re-purposed for Christmas


Just a View Out The Hearth Room Door

No comments:

Post a Comment