Monday, November 30, 2015

New Years Eve Party Decorations

Nothing is funner than gathering your friends together to ring in the new year! Here my ideas for a New Year's Eve Gathering!

Serve a potluck - spending all your time cooking will spoil the fun, plus it gives your friends an opportunity to shine!
Make a signature cocktail, with a fun themed name - I made Amber's French Kiss
Make your place sparkle - I glittered a bottle of champagne, and put up string lights. I also added a few large bottles with Christmas lights shoved inside to bookshelves and cabinets. I used shiney gold gift wrapping paper to decorate table tops and the bar too.
Play great music - I used Google Play Music's radio NYE station and had great music I didn't have to worry about!

Midnight Kisses and Noise Makers

I used random crystal bowls and tin buckets to display snacks and food. I found small chalkboard signs attached to paper clips at Micheal's and used them on the bowls.
Drink of the Night: French Kiss
I always *LOVE* a themed drink for a party! With a little research I settled on a French Kiss with a little twist. I used pretty photo frames with black construction paper make chalk boards at the bar, with the name of our special drink.

Amber’s French Kiss Cocktail
1 ½ oz Vodka
1 ½ Pineapple juice
¼ oz Chambord
¼ oz Triple Sec
¼ oz Half and Half

Shake with ice and serve

Glittered Champs

Homemade Confetti
 The kids dumped homemade confetti on us from the balcony at midnight. We used hole punches to make it.
Drunk Gummies
 I made Drunk Gummies for the adults. It is basically gummie bears soaked in vodka in the refrigerator for several days. The trick is to buy the good brand of gummy bears, and let them soak in a glass dish for about 5 days. Any less and they taste awful. I s
Girlfriends having fun!
Me, the bartender!
I decorated the bar with gold and white chevron wrapping paper, and small jeweled blinking lights scattered around the wine and champagne glasses. I made the large BAR light up sign for another party and decided to put it to use in my bar! It is basically made of red construction paper, target lights with a foam board backing (Instructions I used HERE)

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment